Annual General Meeting
The Saskatoon Jazz Society (SJS) will hold its Annual General Meeting on:
Sunday, November 26th, 2017 at 1:00 pm.
202 4th Avenue N
The Board is bringing to the AGM new Articles of Incorporation (a.k.a. Constitution) and Bylaws. These Articles and Bylaws are the first changes to the ones developed when the SJS was formed. These documents are now in force having been approved by the Board, but The Non-profit Corporations Act, 1995 requires that the members approve these documents otherwise they cease to be in force after the meeting. The Articles require a 2/3 favourable vote while the Bylaws require a simple majority.
The Articles are deliberately spare, but the Board considers them complete as they embody the essential characteristics of the SJS. The Bylaws presented are the beginning of a larger set, and the Board will continue to develop them throughout the next year for presentation at future AGMs.
The Act allows members who attend the AGM to introduce motions to amend or repeal Articles or Bylaws or introduce new Articles or Bylaws.
Of particular note is the new nomination procedure. If you wish to be a director nominee or to nominate someone as a director, we must receive a prescribed nomination form no later than five days before the AGM. This allows us to prepare ballots. See the new Nomination Form.
Note also that the Board is introducing a motion to extend the term of five directors.
- Articles of Incorporation of the SJS 171004 PDF
- Bylaws of the SJS 171017 PDF
- Director nomination form 171017 PDF
- Motion to Extend the Term of Five Directors PDF
- SJS Financial Statements 170831 PDF
- Call to order
- Introduction of SJS Board of Directors
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Accept Minutes from AGM, November 27, 2016
- President’s Report : Shelly Loeffler
- Financial Report : Vicki McDougall – Treasurer / Grant Bossaer – HVB Chartered Accountants
- Appointment of Auditor
- Artistic Director’s Report : Don Griffith
- Executive Director’s Report : Julie Dell
- Saskatchewan Jazz Festival Report : Mitch Riabko – Chairperson / Kevin Tobin – Artistic Director
- Approval of Articles of Incorporation : Dean Jones – SJS Board Director
- Approval of Bylaws : Dean Jones – SJS Board Director
- Motion to Extend the Term of Directors
- Election of Directors
- New Business